I used to think that yoga is a method to redefine ourselves, have a better conscience or shall I say in spiritual terms ‘enlightened’. But it took me time to realize that yoga is much more than “knowing yourself” and has a great role in sexual practice as well. Yoga to increase libido for heightened pleasure, was something really new to me.
No wonder, the Maharajahs of India or Pharaohs of Egypt couldn’t get enough of love making. The impact on the physical, mental and emotional balance is very much powerful in delivering the much needed results. Be it infertility, losing that chubby weight, curing depression or any other lifestyle diseases, yoga has myriad benefits. So why should sex be any different?
Often a topic of taboo, there are many people who still feel hesitant to discuss sex and how it can help you emotionally and physically.
If you are vigilant enough, you will notice that couples who practice yoga are not only happy but lead superlative sex lives as well. This is because they have experienced a complete transformation of energy and flexibility in their sex lives.
It doesn’t matter whether you are a man or woman if you are not having a satisfied sexual life it can add up to the existing stress levels subconsciously. Stress is highly underrated and not many understand how it can affect the life. Not many understand the concept but stress has got a lot to do with poor sex as well. This can cause friction in relationship due to frustration and lack of attention, though some may not realize it at all. However, with the help of certain yoga postures you can, not only change your outlook towards life but also increase your libido that will bring a certain degree of excitement in your sexual life.
How does yoga help? Yoga to increase libido for heightened pleasure
Apart from a boost in the stamina, yoga helps in building the flexibility of the body not to mention heightening the body sensitivity. This will help in experimenting various postures that is necessary for a quality sex life.
Let’s see how yoga helps couples in raising the level of consummation.
Yoga to boost energy in sex
Imagine “doing it” with a breather in one hand and other hand on your partner? Not a pretty picture is it? With the busy lifestyle people are left with only little stamina to carry on with sex. Certain yoga postures can help you to build muscle strength and stabilize the fluctuating breathing making you build a sweat. This will lead to increased stamina that will assist you to achieve long-lasting sex. You will be thrilled how long you can keep with the vigorous demands of sex life.
Yoga for building endurance – Yoga to increase libido for heightened pleasure
The postures of yoga can help you to control all the muscles in each and every area of your body including groin and pelvis. Men who have to deal with premature ejaculation will have good control over their muscles that can lead to increased endurance while between the sheets.
Even women who were finding it difficult to control their body and muscles during female dominant sex positions will find themselves holding up much easier than before after regular practice of yoga.
Yoga for strength and a flexible body
One of the most remarkable features of yoga is that people who do yoga as a daily routine will reach an advanced level of flexibility that will really work wonders if you and your partner love experimenting various poses. For instance, certain postures in the Kamasutra can seem quite difficult to achieve but once practiced yoga can be easily attainable and highly pleasurable.
Top 10 yoga poses for an awesome sex life
These 10 yoga poses are highly recommended for best sexual function. These poses of yoga to increase libido for heightened pleasure are proven effective, as they are completely natural.
- Upavistha Konasana (Sitting Wide Legged Straddle Pose) – helps in improving the blood flow to the groin area.
- Viparita Karani Pose – focuses on improving the blood circulation to the pelvis area.
- Shishuasana (Child’s pose) – eliminates your day’s stress and improves the focus on your partner
- Setu bandhasana (Bridge pose) – targets the muscles at the pelvic floor that can aid in controlled orgasms.
- Lotus pose (Padmasana) – enhances the flexibility of hip and thigh muscles that are essential for most of the sexual positions.
- Plow Pose (Halasana) – a back stretched posture, it helps in increasing the blood flow to the brain to raise the level of alertness and stimulation.
- Garudasana (Eagle pose) – boosts blood circulation in the cervical area making it highly sensitive (in a pleasurable way) during intercourse.
- Utkata Konasana (Goddess Pose) – can alleviate menstrual pain apart from strengthening the hips, groins and chest that is also beneficial during childbirth.
- Downward Dog Pose (Adho Mukhs Svanasana) – taught in the basic yoga poses, this pose pushes the hips while challenging you to straighten the legs.
- Lizard Pose (Utthan Pristhasana) – promotes the flexibility of the hips, pelvis etc.
Apart from the above, your lifestyle also plays an important role in a happy sex life such as the right kind of foods, stress-free life, good sleep and so on. Change is inevitable so try to improvise your sexual life by implementing necessary changes in postures that will benefit you and your partner emotionally, physically and mentally.