Want to release weight through an easy and faster method? Try yoga for reducing facial obesity.
Most of the people are worried about their health. They eat less, go to gym, do dieting, buy all kinds of expensive medicines. But they never practice yoga…..
Some individuals say, they are worried to do such workouts. The other major factor is stress and anxiety which leads to such problem. I have seen many people who eat more and exercise less.
Jacob was one among them who used to have more junk foods, whenever he gets depressed. He was only 10 years old and was very fat. If was difficult to make a match between his age and his size. Moreover, Jacob was having all kinds of diseases like diabetes, joint pains and what else?? He used to struggle a lot after walking certain distance. No one used to play with him. His doctor used to tell him to reduce weight. But the boy never listened to his words. One day, his condition got worsened and was admitted in our hospital. He was in need of a particular blood group. Which was in great shortage at that time. The Doctor’s anyhow managed to get that particular blood and saved his life. After this incident, Jacob realized his fault and started practicing yoga. It was unbelievable!! after few months when he visited us. We saw a new lean boy standing in front of us……
This yoga really worked out for Jacob!!! Now what about you??? Are you ready to take a chance like him??
- Yoga for weight loss (steps, benefits, precautions and variations)
- Locust Pose (Shalabhasana)
- Boat Pose (Nauka Chalan)
- Frog Pose (Bhekasana)
- Standing Forward Bend (Padahastasana)
- Triangle pose (Trikonasana)
- Eagle Pose (Garudasana)
- Fire Fly Pose (Tittibhasana)
- Side Plank Pose (Vasisthasana)
- Half Moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana)
- Extended Hand- To- Big- Toe Pose (Utthita Hasta Padangustasana)
Facial yoga poses for slim face
- The Cheek workout 1
- The Cheek workout 2
- Fish face
- Chin lifts
- Surprise Me
- Lion face
- Puppet face
- Lips Pull 1
- Lips Pull 2
- Certain tips on dietary habits
Try these simple workouts or yoga poses for reducing facial and physical obesity and feel the difference, the best a man can get…
Locust Pose (Shalabhasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to perform, make the most of now.
- Lay flat on your belly keeping the arms beside your body. Ensure, palms are facing upwards with forehead resting on the ground.
- In the next step, move your big toes towards each other and firm the buttocks.Then exhale and raise your upper torso, arms, legs and head away from the ground.
- Try to firm your legs and heels. Make sure, the big toes are facing towards each other.
- Lift your arms making them parallel to the ground. Then lengthen them by your fingertips.
- Next, drive your arms towards the ceiling and look upwards. Maintain the back of your neck straight. Hold this pose for 30 seconds. In the end, exhale and come to the normal state.
Benefits: The pose invigorates the abdominal organs. Lengthens and stretches the chest, shoulders and belly. Besides this, enhances posture and relieves stress.
Caution: Refrain from performing this pose in case of headache and back injury. People with neck injuries can make use of a thick folded blanket for support.
Variations: On attaining the final step of this pose. Hold your fingers and press your palms against the back of the head. This posture is called as Makarasana or sea monster pose.
Boat Pose (Nauka Chalan)
How to do?
- Sit on the ground stretching your legs straight in front of you. Now, keep your both hands on the ground behind your hips. Note, the fingers should point towards your feet.
- In this step, raise through your breastbone and lean back. Then, exhale bending your knees and raise off the ground. At this stage, your thighs must make (45 degrees) with the ground.
- Extend the arms alongside the legs. Stay in this pose for 20 seconds. Then, return to the normal state.
Benefits: Great for stress relief. Increases digestion, stimulates the intestines and kidneys. Strengthens the hip flexors and the abdomen.
- Don’t perform this pose in case of diarrhea, headaches, low blood pressure and heart ailments.
- Menstruating and pregnant ladies must totally avoid this pose.
- Use a support in case of neck injury. Perform this pose with your back against a wall.
Variations: Ardha navasana (half boat pose): After reaching the final step, hold your fingers at the back of the head. Then exhale and bring down your legs. Extend the elbows out to the sides. Make sure, the nib of your big toes are in line with your eyes.
Frog Pose (Bhekasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- Lay down flat on the belly. Bring your hands towards your back. Then hold your feet on bending the knees upwards.
- In this step, inhale and push your shoulders towards each other. Here, your heels must touch your hips. Stay in this pose for a minute and return to the original state.
- Benefits: Bhekasana stretches the abdomen, chest. Tones the abdominal organs and improves the posture.
- Don’t do the pose in case of injury to the back, neck and shoulders.
- Avoid in case of migraine and high blood pressure.
Ardha Bhekhasana (half frog pose): Also known as half frog pose. Start by laying on the belly, squeezing the arms against the ground. Raise your head and upper torso. Then bend the right knee and push its heel to the buttock. Next, hold your self on the left forearm. Carry your right arm backwards and grab the toes of the right foot. Stay in this posture for 30 seconds. Then continue the same with the other leg.
Standing Forward Bend (Padahastasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- First, stand erect keeping your feet hip-width apart.
- Then exhale and bend from your hips. Touch the feet with your palms. Keep your palms beneath the soles of your feet. Make sure, not to bend the legs in this process.
- Hold this posture for a few seconds. Return to the normal state.
- Benefits: Refreshes the abdominal organs and improves the digestive system. Reduces heart rate. Promotes relief from mental and physical exhaustion.
- Avoid in case of back problems.
- The pose is not meant for people with spinal disorder like slipped disc.
- Variations: Try keeping the palms under your soles. Then clasp the rear part of your ankles.
Triangle pose (Trikonasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- First stand straight placing your feet at a distance.
- In the 2nd step, fold your left foot towards your right side, similarly your right foot out by 90 degrees.
- In the 3rd step, exhale and lengthen the torso over the right leg folding from the hip joint.
- Then, keep your right hand on the ground outside the right foot.
- Next, lengthen the left hand in the direction of the ceiling. You may move your head towards the left hand.
- Hold this pose for 30 seconds. After this you can return to the natural form by inhaling.
- Benefits: Lowers the level of depression. Relieves problem like backache and digestion.
- In case of neck problems. Look straight ahead instead of looking upwards.
- People with blood pressure may point their head downwards in the final pose.
- Variations: Instead of extending the arm towards the ceiling, lengthen it over your top ear parallel to the ground.
Warrior Pose (Virabhadrasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- First, stand erect on the ground. Then exhale and move your feet at some distance. Lift your hands (in a way perpendicular to the ground).
- Bring the left foot in by (45 degrees) to the right and the right out by (90 degrees) to the right.
- Then, exhale and rotate the torso to the right side. Once again exhale and fold your right knee. So the shin becomes perpendicular to the ground.
- In this step, ground down through the back foot and spread the palms against each other.
- Now, you may tilt your head back and look at the thumbs. Continue this pose for about 10 seconds. Return to the original form. Perform the same with the other leg.
Benefits: Warrior pose lengthens your belly, chest and lungs. Strengthens the calves, thighs, ankles and muscles at the back.
- Stop doing this workout if you have heart problems and high blood pressure.
- Individuals suffering from neck problems should keep their head in a neutral state.
- Those with shoulder pain must keep their arms parallel to each other.
Variations: Instead of lifting your arms above the head. You may rest them on the hips. On bending the forward knee, flap your arms behind your torso and grab them.
Eagle Pose (Garudasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- Stand straight, fold your knees slightly raising your left foot.
- Supporting on your right foot, place your left thigh over your right one. Next, bring the left foot over the calf of the right foot. Then, lengthen your both arms forward making sure they are parallel to the ground.
- In this step cross your arms (keep right arm above the left one). Wrap them till both the palms are pointing towards each other.
- Lift the forearms, where they are perpendicular to the ground. Remain in this posture for 15 seconds. After this unwind the arms and legs. Return to the normal form.
Benefits: Heightens concentration and balance level. Also, lengthens the thighs, upper back and the shoulders.
Caution: Discontinue the pose in case of knee injuries.
Variations: On reaching the final step of this pose. You may exhale and fold your torso in the forward direction. Take a few breaths and return back by inhaling.
Fire Fly Pose (Tittibhasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- Initially, squat on the ground placing your feet at a shoulder-width distance.
- In the 2nd step bring your torso between the legs. Slowly bring the upper arm and shoulder under the back of your right thigh. Then, keep your left hand on the outer side of your left foot.
- Continue the same on the other side. Raise yourself carefully and while doing this press your hands into the ground. Then slowly lift your feet (weight must be on the feet).
- After this, you may inhale and extend your thighs out to the sides (to the maximum level). Try to place your legs parallel to the ground.
- In the this step, straighten the arms, hollow your chest and stretch the shoulder blades. Then slowly lift your head and look in the forward direction. Maintain steady breathing and hold the pose for 15 seconds.
- Finally, exhale and move your feet downwards to the ground.
Benefits: Gives us a toned belly, improves balance. Apart from this strengthens and stretches the arms, wrists and back torso.
Caution: Not mean for individuals suffering from issues of shoulder, wrists, elbows and lower back.
Variations: Instead of letting the feet stay in the air. Try to fold your knees and allow the soles of the feet to touch each other.
Side Plank Pose (Vasisthasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- Lay down on the floor to your right side. Place your both legs one above the other.
- Now, in the 2nd step extend your right arm and elevate the body. Extend your left arm outwards in the direction of the ceiling.
- Next, turn the head upwards and give a look to the left thumb. Remain in this pose for 10 seconds. Return back to the normal form and relax.
- Carry the same steps on the other side.
Benefits: Vasisthasana stretches the regions like (belly, legs and arms). Enhances posture.
Caution: People with problems in their wrists, shoulders and elbows must avoid doing this asana.
Variations: On attaining the final state, lift the top leg in a direction perpendicular to the ground. Stay in this pose for a few seconds. Come back to the initial state. Continue the above steps on the other side.
Half Moon pose (Ardha Chandrasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- Stand erect making your feet hip-width apart. After this, extend the right arm outwards and bend your torso to the right side.
- Carry this step, till you touch the ground with your right hand. At the same time, raise your left leg into the air (thus making a straight line with the torso).
- In this step, stretch the left hand in upwards direction. Stay in this pose for 30 seconds. Come to the normal state.
- Repeat with the other side.
Benefits: Relief from stress. Besides, imparts balance and digestion. Strengthens the abdomen, spine, thigh and buttocks.
- Persons with neck injuries should not look in the upward direction.
- The pose is not meant for individuals with low blood pressure, headache and insomnia.
- Variations: On reaching the last step, raise your lower hand away from the floor. Place this on the standing thigh. Hold this pose for 15 seconds and come to the normal form.
Extended Hand- To- Big- Toe Pose (Utthita Hasta Padangustasana) yoga for reducing facial obesity
How to do?
- First, stand straight on the ground. Raise your left knee towards the belly.
- Now, bring the left arm through the inner thigh. Slightly touch the outer-side of the left foot. Then inhale and extend your left leg forward.
- Try to straighten your knee at the maximum level. Meanwhile, breathe steadily and maintain this pose for 30 seconds.
- Finally, inhale and sway back your left leg to the center. Continue the same with the other leg.
Benefits: Enhances balance level. Lengthens ankles, legs and backs of the legs.
Caution: Don’t continue this pose if there is injury in your ankles and lower back.
Variations: You may lay down on the ground and perform the above steps.
Many times we fail to notice the fat accumulated on our face. This can even damage your looks. There are certain facial exercises which can give you a beautiful skin. By loosing your flabby cheeks and double chin.
So are you ready to move to the other part of this session!!!
The Cheek workout 1
This is very simple which reduces the chubbiness of the cheeks. Just close your mouth and press the lips together. Then blow air beneath your upper lip and stay in this pose for 10 seconds. Shift the air in the direction of the left cheek and hold for 10 more seconds. Now, transfer the air towards the right cheek, again stay for 10 more seconds. Repeat these steps 10-15 times.
The Cheek workout 2
This cheek workout reduces the facial fat by toning the facial muscles. First inhale deeply with the mouth and fill it with air. Then immediately close the mouth and shift the air from one side to the other side. You may continue the steps for 15 cycles.
What is this?? sounds different. Fish face lowers facial fat by massaging the cheek muscles. Suck your cheeks in and zip your lifts. Now remain steady in this posture and try to smile. Maintain the pose for 5 seconds. Repeat for 10 times.
This exercise can help you to get rid of double chin. Move your head towards the ceiling and gaze upwards. Then close your lips together tightly. Stay in this form for 10 minutes. You may perform the same for 10 times. But be sure, that you do not use any other facial muscle (except lips) while doing this.
Trust me this is an amazing pose. Which can make your eyebrows smooth. First, open your eyes wide (don’t wrinkle your eyebrows). Hold this pose and concentrate on a point (placed at some distance). Stay in this position for about 10 seconds. Then relax and repeat 4 times.
Lion face extends the facial muscles, gives relief from tension. Begin by inhaling through the nose, make the fists thigh. Push your facial muscles. Now, you can exhale through the mouth to the maximum level. Bring your tongue out, open your eyes as much as possible. Simultaneously, open your hands and maintain this pose for 10 seconds. Continue three more times.
Marilyn can tone the lip muscles. Just, blow kisses into the air. Carry this four times. Then squeeze your lips against your first two fingers. Again repeat this 4 times.
Puppet face lowers the fat present in the line between the nose and lips. All you have to lift the line between the nose and lips. Now, smile. Firmly press the line between the nose and lips, cheekbones with your fingers. Practice this for 20-30 cycles.
Lips Pull 1
This will make you look younger by lifting the facial muscles. Maintain your head in the normal state. Raise your lower lip by bringing out your lower jaw. Now, are you able to feel a stretch in the jawline and chin muscles? Hold this pose for 10 seconds and relax. Repeat for 10 more times.
Lips Pull 2
Bring your upper lip over the lower lip. Push it upwards towards your nose as much as possible. Stay in this pose for 15 seconds. After doing this you can experience strain on the chin and jaw muscles.
Dietary habits – Always Good All Ways
Whatever you do, diet has to be given utmost importance in your life. Workout yoga after having your lunch (after a gap of 4 hours). Mainly, keep a control on your food intake. Its good if you maintain a diet plan of certain low calorie foods like: Nuts, Spicy foods, Popcorn, Dark chocolate, legumes etc. One think, breathing exercises should always be carried on an empty stomach. After the weight loss session, try to chant the mantras like Om or Aum 11 times loudly.
Obesity results because most of them are physically inactive. Do you think modernization is responsible for this?? Many people rely on cars instead of walking few distances. But you don’t know what this inactive lifestyle can do with us. They will have all kinds of health issues like diabetes, colon cancer, coronary heart disease and other problems.
“Prevention is better than cure, for your future self”
Hope this article can fulfill all your needs. By clarifying all your doubts. Try the above mentioned asanas for both your body and face. Keep practicing!!! Stay healthy………….