The Jane Adams Yoga is a Yoga DVD which gives a complete beginners practice especially focused on the midlife. As the name suggests, the moves are all gentle and slow, letting you absorb the benefits from each posture and also notice how your body responds to each move.
How each session in Jane Adams Yoga helps
- The Full body warm is done lying on the back and lasts for about 2 minutes. It helps you to loosen the muscles and makes you more flexible for the rest of the workouts.
- The standing poses have easy movements that will improve your balance. It lasts for about 33 minutes.
- The upper body workout is done sitting on a chair and is focused on strengthening the upper body. It lasts for about 13 minutes.
- The postures that strengthens and stretches the torso, hips and legs for about 20 minutes. There are also Yoga postures that quieten the mind in this sessions.
- The relaxation part of the yoga DVD is very important. It calms us, relaxes our mind and body after a busy day and if done in the morning, clears our mind for a great day ahead.
The overall benefits of using the Gentle Yoga DVD with Jane Adams
It is specifically designed for people in their midlife- 40’s to 70’s. It brings
- Youthful strength
- Good posture
- Relaxed body and mind.
There are more than 60 Yoga poses in this Yoga DVD. Jane Adams has been practicing the art for more than 35 years and has special interest and training in Yoga for healthy aging. She teaches the postures focused on safety and effectively. She has worked with mid lifers to improve the techniques and she experienced with Yogis of different strengths and body types.
The poses in the Yoga for seniors DVD flow gradually and easily into one another making it easy to follow. The challenge would be just appropriate and there is enough time between the poses to learn them properly. It is very similar to a real class, there are clear instructions and proper demonstrations. It is a great workout for beginners in Yoga and for practiced Yogis, too. Reviews say that the different segments are easy to follow altogether or separately.