You don’t feel to get up from your bed in the morning. After a full night’s sleep all you feel is to sleep till the noon. Most of them go for coffee, the first thing they want in the morning.
Coffee: People believe that a cup of coffee can enhance our body in a better way. Even many studies prove this; a moderate amount of coffee has great benefits. Some research shows that caffeine makes one addictive and disrupts the sleeping habits. The worst part is that coffee can make you more alert and at the same time this heightens your anxiety.
Yoga: Yoga is a means to beat all these consequences of caffeine. Yoga practices influences brain GABA levels. Since low GABA levels suppresses our mental state. Apart from the session helps us to stretch and strengthen the muscles.
Make Yoga a 15 Minute Routine Activity
Why can’t we spend some time for practicing yoga rather than having a cup of coffee? This will bring a lot of difference in your health and you will be fit perfectly.
Following are some of the poses to be tried during the morning hours
Downward Facing Dog morning yoga routine
This pose keeps a good check on your body. Boosts circulation, helps to wake you up and eliminates back pain and stiffness.
- Maintain a steady position with your hands down. Spread your fingers with the base of the index finger grounded.
- Now rotate the upper arms and shoulders outward and the forearms inwards.
- On an exhalation lift your hips and push back into the down dog pose (upside down V pose).
- Keep your knees bent to lengthen the spine making the hips up and away from you and try to straighten the legs by taking the top of the thighs and knees back.
- Bring your upper arms together each other and shoulder blades down along the spine. Ensure while doing so, space along the tops of the shoulders should be steady.
Avoid doing this pose if you suffer from Carpel tunnel syndrome, dislocated shoulder and weak eye capillaries.
Cat Cow Pose morning yoga routine
Cat Cow pose calms the mind and relieves stress. Stretches the abdomen, hips and back also massages the organs in the belly (kidneys and adrenal glands).
- Start in a table top position (on all fours). The knees should be hip width distance. Hold your hands directly below your shoulders. Your spine should be maintained neutral.
- Now inhale as you drop your belly and lift your eye and tail bone towards the sky.
- Exhale as you push your chin towards your chest.
- Imitate the cat pose by lifting your mid-back in the direction of the sky and ladle your tailbone under.
- Repeat the steps for about four times and finally return to a neutral spine.
You should not do this pose when you suffering from back injury
Child’s Pose morning yoga routine
Child’s pose helps to relieve neck and lower back, stretches the thighs, hips and ankles and brings peace to the mind and body.
Also stretches and lengthens the spine.
- Sit keeping your knees hip distance apart and buttocks resting on the heels. Keep your both hands on your thighs, palms resting down.
- Inhale deeply and exhale through bringing your chest between the knees while swaying your arms forward.
- Rest your forehead on the floor and extend the arms around to your sides.
- Breathe slowly through the nostrils holding the same posture for about one to two minutes.
- Now return to the normal position.
Modify the above instructions if you experience any knee discomfort.
Pelvic tilts morning yoga routine
Gives a flatter look to your tummy, improves your posture and maintains the back curves in a neutral position. Enhances your personality by giving you a taller look.
- Lie on your back in neutral position with knees bent.
- Involve your pelvic floor muscles through contracting the muscles used to stop the flow of urine.
- Push your lower back into the ground, now inhale by tilting your pelvis towards the sky.
- Finally exhale back and tilt your pelvis towards the ground.
- Repeat the same steps for about 10 breaths.
Pregnant women should consult their doctors before doing this asana.