Do you know that you can practice yoga to fight boredom? A stressed mind will get bored easily and that will affect the work quality. One has to fight boredom at work all the time, if not stress. Relieving work related stress is important for both health and the productivity.
The work-stress is seen in all professions. There must be some kind of quick yoga activities that can be done at workplaces. Studies have shown that a company with healthy employees has an outstanding performance.
Preparations to practice yoga to fight boredom
Yoga is a method of stress relief and a healthy routine to keep the body energized. Doing yoga at workplaces has limitations. It can mostly be done in the sitting position. While sitting, make sure that the feet is touching the ground, otherwise place anything on the ground that can help the feet rest on them. Remove any tight fitting footwear and loosen the tie and belt. With these you are ready for some yoga at office or any other workplaces.
The Yoga Exercises
- Breathing Exercises is the easiest of all. Close the eyes and take deep breath and try to concentrate on the path of the air during inhale and exhale. This will help relax the mind. This is easy to do anywhere. Do this exercise for 5 minutes.
- Neck exercises are another option. Sit in an upright position and roll the neck around. Turn it and from side to side so that the ear touches the shoulders. Move the neck up and down also. Switch between these three every 3-4 times.
- Stretching is an excellent way to relax the muscles and no yoga is complete without it. Sit upright and palms flat on the knees. Move your back backwards while inhaling and the head towards the ceiling. Move the back forward while exhaling and drop the head forward.
- Spine twist is done while sitting. By firmly keeping the feet on floor turn the waist to one side to face the back of the chair slowly and return to the original position. Repeat it to the other side. This yoga position is good to relax the muscles of the back after sitting for a long time.
- Temple rub is another easy exercise. Simply rub the sides of the temples with the palm in clockwise direction and later in anti-clockwise direction.
- When there are a few colleagues, who want relaxation like you, sit together, and crack some jokes to have a loud and long laughter. Laughter is the best medicine for so many diseases and for preventing many.
These simple exercises can be done any time and will not take more than 5 minutes. These are some easy ways to relax the muscles and ease the mind after a tight session at work. Doing it at regular intervals or at some specific time of the day is beneficial. Making these yoga practices a daily routine at work will show positive results in lesser time.