Try these Yoga Poses To Open Tight Hips as Danzae Pace says “ Stress is the trash of modern life. We all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life”.
Our day to day life is filled with frustrations, demands and deadlines. This can damage your health and quality of life. Our hip joint helps us to move from a sitting to standing, running or walking stance. Its strenuous to perform these activities with a tight hip. When you are stressed the body responds it by tightening. But you can overcome this problem through yoga classes that focuses on hips. I heard lot of students saying “we feel very revived as the stretches helped us to relieve stress that was stored as tension in our hips”.
Here are some of the hip-opener poses for you
Supta Padangusthasana Yoga Poses To Open Tight Hips
The pose is also known as Reclining Big Toe Pose. This helps to relieve sciatica pain, improves infertility and digestion. Highly beneficial for menstrual discomfort. Also improves flat feet and blood pressure.
- Begin by, lying down on the floor on your back. Don’t bend your legs and keep them straight.
- Now keep your hands just beside your body with palms facing down.
- Then bend your left leg from the knee. Gently, bring the left thigh very close to your body.
- In the next step, press the thigh against your belly firmly.
- Do keep your left leg straight and lift your left hand up.
- Try to tightly hold your ankles with your fingers.
- Maintain this pose for about 30 seconds.
- Finally, repeat the same steps with your right leg too.
Gomukhasana Legs – Yoga Poses To Open Tight Hips
The pose is half of cow-face pose, where we are moving to the leg portion for the pose. Releases tension from your hips. Opens the chest to enable deep breathing.
- Sit on your yoga mat. Stack your knees to bring your right knee on top of the left.
- Now bend your knees to bring your heels in the direction of the outer hips.
- Left heel to right outer hip, right heel to left outer hip. Keep your feet flexed.
- Come on the fingertips and bend forward completely.
- Maintain the pose for about 8-10 breathes.
Lizard Pose – Yoga Poses To Open Tight Hips
This is a great pose where you can spent more time practicing the steps. Lizard yoga pose can stretch your hamstrings. quadriceps and hip flexors.
- Start from downward facing dog pose. Then step the right foot to the outside of the right hand.
- In the second step, bow your right knee and turn the right toes out slightly.
- Bring the elbows to the ground keeping the forearms flat on the mat.
- Spread your palms on the ground.
- Maintain your head in neutral position. Then, press into your left heel.
- Keep your hips from toward the ground.
- Hold this pose for 5 breaths. Continue the pose on the other side.
Hip tightness isn’t always preventable. One can reduce the strain placed on the hips through warming up, cooling down and stretching during an yoga session.