Teach Yoga for kids, because it is fun and children will definitely love it. The best way to teach Yoga to toddlers is through animal poses or imitating animals with asanas.
Teach yoga to kids by making the practice safe, fun and simple. For kids above 3 years stories, songs and video shows will be the best method of practicing Yoga. There are lot of Yoga Dvds available for children. Games are a must in every kid’s yoga classes. Interactive yoga classes with enacting plays will also be a good way to teach yoga to kids.
Yoga is great for kids. Teach Yoga for kids as it has been found to be a highly efficient method of treating different ailments in kids. Yoga improves not just their strength, flexibility and balance, but also focus and sense of self-awareness. Children with autism disorders can improve their condition by the regular practice of breathing exercises and yoga postures. Yoga helps children with mental disorders to learn to calm themselves. It also keeps them healthy, energetic and develops positive attitude. Yoga for children builds their self-esteem and confidence, develops their creativity and imagination and makes them sharp with improved awareness. Yoga in children helps them to overcome feelings of jealousy, revenge and other negative feelings.
Yoga classes for children are mostly focused on introduction of basics of yoga and as they grow older, they can be taught to do the asanas themselves. Imaginative stories are some of the best ways to teach yoga to kids. Follow the leader is another great way to get kids to be creative and do the yoga poses.
A typical yoga class for children involves warm-up, breathing, postures, relaxation and re-awakening sessions. Most popular Yoga asanas for children are:
- Dhanurasana – Develops self-confidence, concentration, awareness and focus in children.
- Tadasana – Helps in physical development by improving their balance and height gradually.
- Tree posture – Builds balance and alertness in children and helps in the development of the brain.
- Mount posture – Stretches the whole body, thus releases muscle tension and is good for expanding energy level.
- Sethu bandhasana – Helps in connecting with their inner self and stay calm in their life.
- Sukhasana – Children can learn to sit straight and know about meditation which is helpful in their future life.
- Savasana – Relaxes their mind and body and thus help in managing stress and strain efficiently.
- Bhujangasana – Helps children get a stretch for their back and helps in proper digestion and overall health.
- Ardha sarwangasana – Increases the flexibility in their body and reduces obesity.
- Virbhadrasana – Builds confidence, calmness and balance in children.
Kid’s bodies are in a developing phase and hence the yoga asanas and the overall yoga session should match their age and ability. Teach kids to meditate or be still during breaks. Give proper care and attention during their regular practice sessions. Take kids gently through the art of Yoga and enlighten their life.