Are you suffering from migraine?? Try Yoga For Stress Related Migraine Services as yoga can be a powerful natural remedy for your problem. Since, the ultimate goal of yoga is to unite our mind, body and spirit.
Migraine (headache) is a very severe and painful disorder. This pain can last for hours. The disorder is most commonly seen in women. Such headaches are the result of blood vessel broadening accompanied by the release of certain chemicals from the nerve fibers. There may be different causes of migraines including anxiety, stress, hormonal changes, lack of food and sleep. In women migraines arises due to changes in hormonal level during menstrual cycle.
How yoga helps for migraine?
Yoga is very effective for migraine. Since it focuses on the elimination of basic causes of migraines like stress reduction. Yoga for migraine provides relief to sensory overload and relaxes our mind. Study shows yoga asanas with breathing exercises helps to reduce the frequency of migraines.
Some yoga poses to calm the mind
Boat pose Yoga For Stress Related Migraine Services
The pose tones the muscles, improves stress, increases the rate of digestion and strengthens the abdominal area.
- Initially, sit upright keeping your legs straight in front of you.
- Next step is to flex your feet back towards your body.
- In the third step, lean your body back bending your knees and lifting your legs up.
- Lean back further till your shins (the front of the leg below the knee) are parallel to the ground.
- Hold your thighs with your both hands and draw in your lower back.
- Free your thighs and extend your arms to the front side with the palms facing towards the body. Stay in this position for 5-10 breathes.
- Now slowly lengthen your legs and bring your palms up to rest behind your head. Maintain this pose for 5-10 breathes.
Prasarita Padottanasana Yoga For Stress Related Migraine Services
Relieves headache, strengthens the back and abdomen.
- Begin from the mountain pose. Stand 3-4 feet apart into Five Pointed Star position.
- Now with a flat back exhale forward to bring the palms to the floor under the shoulders.
- Then with the help of the arms pull the forehead down in the direction of the floor, bending the elbows towards the back wall.
- Press into the feet to lengthen the legs to press the hips top towards the ceiling.
- Breathe and stay in this position for 3-8 breaths.
- Finally to return to the normal position. Reach the arms out to the sides and inhale back to the initial level.
Setu Bandha is beneficial for reducing stress and anxiety, calms the brain and improves digestion, Increases the level of blood circulation, cures insomnia.
- Lie flat on the ground by keeping your arms at your sides.
- Then lift your hips upwards as much as you can.
- Maintain deep breathing in this position for about 20-30 seconds.
- Then relax by touching your hips to the starting position.
- Continue this cycle for 3-4 times.