Reflexology: Health at your fingertips
This is a system of massage which helps to relieve tension and treat illness based on the reflex points on the hands, head and feet (linked to every part of the body). This therapy originated from the ancient Chinese. Where you apply certain degree of pressure on these reflex points.
How to beat stress in today’s fast paced world? Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety is what is discussed here, in this article. Most Hollywood stars are opening up about what makes them anxious. Methods through which they calm their stress…..
Jennifer Aniston, an American actress, businesswoman and producer says “The practice of yoga keeps her body and mind healthy – giving her a toned figure with ways to improve stress”.
There is no age for stress. Whether young or old all are stressed. Both you and I have certain reasons to get stressed.
What happens when stress affects us
- The blood pressure and heart rate rises.
- Stress hormones like cortisol and adrenaline flood our bodies.
- A fight environment prevails.
Reflexology is one of the easiest and best way to beat anxiety and stress.
What is Reflexology
This is a system of massage which helps to relieve tension and treat illness based on the reflex points on the hands, head and feet (linked to every part of the body). This therapy originated from the ancient Chinese. Where you apply certain degree of pressure on these reflex points. This can positively affect your specific organs. Reflexology stimulates the areas like the brain, pineal gland pituitary and adrenal gland.
Try this – Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety
There are times when you do not get enough sleep and even doing primary activities become difficult. You can anchor yourself with this therapy to overcome all the troubles. Moreover there are no side-effects!
Reflex Point 1 (Wrist) – Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety
You can try this technique when you are stressed. This practice calms and relaxes by reducing blood pressure.
- This Reflex Point is pinpointed on your waist.
- Then start from the base of the palm and measure two times a thumbnail width.
- Place your thumb at the point where you see two large veins branch.
- Make a fist to make the veins stand out.
- Keep your hand relaxed and press against the point.
- Continue the press until you notice a slight pain.
- Massage the point when you hold the pressure.
- Repeat the same steps on the opposite wrist.
Reflex Point 2 (Palm) – Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety
Boosts up energy through stimulation of the adrenal gland.
- This point is located below your thumb between the index and middle fingers.
- On the right side, on the fleshy area near the thumb.
- Slowly press the thumb of one hand on the reflex point on the other hand.
- Then, gently curl and straighten them while maintaining pressure.
- Continue the same steps for about 10 times and then perform them on the opposite hand.
Reflex Point 3 (Nails) – Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety
Keeps our hormones in good working condition by stimulating the endocrine and pituitary glands.
- This is very easy. All you have to do is to place one thumbnail on the other thumbnail.
- Next, pinch the nail in the center region then hold the pressure for about 30 seconds.
- Continue the technique with the opposite nail.
Reflex Point 4 (Foot) – Reflexology to ease stress and anxiety
Helps you sleep by reducing the emotional stress.
- Seat barefoot to perform this technique.
- Then slowly bring one foot to rest on the knee of the opposite leg.
- Ensure you can look the base of the foot.
- This point is located at the base area of the balls of the foot. Slightly above the foots arch.
- Place your thumb at the base right at the center. Now keep on applying pressure until you feel a slight pain.
- Then massage the point a little.
- Finally repeat the same technique with your other foot.