“The Holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us” Try yoga poses to ease holiday stress and enjoy stress free days.
Everyone wants holiday, whether young or adult. This is the season which brings a feeling of love and cheer in ones life. We plan lots of activities to work out during these days. But these activities can be overwhelming sometimes leaving both kids and adults frazzled. You can spend a few minutes to practice yoga everyday during the holidays which will be beneficial to reduce stress of the season.
Kids who practice yoga can develop
- High concentration.
- Balance and flexibility.
- Relieve from stress.
But people don’t realize the importance of yoga for kids. They feel kids won’t get stressed.
My neighbor, Nancy practices yoga with her family during the Christmas vacation. She practices a single pose each day, starting from the pretzel pose.
Pretzel pose – yoga poses to ease holiday stress
- Sit straight keeping one leg in front and one leg back.
- Place your front shin (front of the leg below the knee) in line with the floor making a 90 degree angle. The back knee should be kept in a 45 degree angle position.
- Now, place your both hands on the floor where, one hand should be kept in front of the ankle. While the opposite hand should lay outside of the knee.
- Put your entire body weight to the center, keep your hips and shoulder square.
- Once you feel comfortable in this position, lift your back leg up as high as possible.
- Pulse the leg up as a whole leading it with your knee for about 15-20 repeats.
Sukhasana – yoga poses to ease holiday stress
- Begin by sitting on the floor with legs stretched out.
- In the next step, fold your left leg and tug it inside your right thigh.
- Fold your right leg and tug it inside the left thigh.
- Sit erect with straight spine and keep the hands on the knees.
- Relax your whole body and breathe.
- Hold this pose for a long time.
Volcano pose – yoga poses to ease holiday stress
- Start from mountain pose.
- In step 2, close your eyes and take one deep breath.
- Then bend your knees, lift your hands above the head.
- Breath out making a loud sound through your mouth. Explode all your anger, excitement upward.
- Straighten your knees and extend your arms up making a volcano pose.
- Do these steps 3-4 times.
Airplane pose – yoga poses to ease holiday stress
- Stand with your feet together, keeping arms at sides. Gaze at a spot on the floor above five feet ahead.
- Lift your left foot back bending forward till the left leg and chest are parallel to the floor.
- Stay in this pose for 3 counts.
Oyster pose – yoga poses to ease holiday stress
- Sit on the floor with legs stretched to the front. Then place the soles together. Bend the knees to form a rhombus shape.
- Insert the arms through this rhombus. In a way, that the palms are set on the exterior side of the soles.
- Care should be taken that all the muscles of the hips and shanks are relaxed.
- Bend over and bring the head closer to the floor on each exhalation.
- Let the forehead touch the floor and the heels touch the crown of the head.
- Next, breathe deeply. Stay in this position for a couple of seconds.