What if you are a nausea patient and someone recommends you to practice yoga for nausea relief? Well, this is what happened with me.
Too much of work load. I am unable to bear this….Being an IT professional, I work 14-15 hours a day. A few days back I got stomach flu. I couldn’t handle the condition and decided to go the physician. He gave me some medicines which cured me for time being. But, what if the same persists in future? I decided I cannot rely on antibiotics always. I have to find some alternatives to this. I made my search through all my famous yoga books and websites. Finally I came up with some wonderful poses. Now I regularly practice yoga before going office. This keeps me perfectly fit and fine.
What Is Nausea?
A condition characterized by upset stomach which may lead to a vomiting sensation. We cannot call this is a disease.
There are many causes of nausea. Here I am mentioning few of them
- Emotional stress.
- Consumption of harmful toxins like alcohol.
Here I am sharing some poses with you to practice yoga for nausea relief. Try these poses empty stomach in the morning
Cobblers Pose (Baddha Konasana) yoga for nausea relief
- Relieves menstrual cramps.
- Strengthens abdominal organs (kidneys, heart, liver,uterus, bladder and ovaries).
- Lowers sciatica pain.
- Fights anxiety, fatigue and mental depression.
- Sit on your yoga mat keeping legs stretched. Bring the soles of the feet together in the direction of pelvis.
- Now hold the ankles.
- One can make use of props to balance the pelvis.
- Take deep breaths for about 1-5 minutes.
- After this, slowly sit up to the normal position.
- Avoid the pose in case of shoulder or hip injury.
- Not for persons with groin injury.
Hero Pose (Virasana) yoga for nausea
Benefits of Virasana yoga for nausea relief
- Beneficial for pregnant ladies to reduce swelling in the legs.
- Improves digestion.
- Gives you a good posture.
- Cures gas troubles.
- Relieves anxiety.
- Stretches thighs and knees.
- Helpful for blood pressure and asthma patients.
- Kneel down keeping your heals under your hips.
- Now sit between your heels (with knees together, heels wider than hip width).
- Next, bend forward. Twirl the corpulent area of the calves outwards with your hands.
- Sit on the ground between the feet and exhale.
- In case of discomfort you can make use of props.
- Keep your hands on top of you thighs. Palms should face downwards.
- Relax your upper body parts.
- Point the crown of your head towards the ceiling. Look straight (Imagine yourself as a proud warrior).
- Stay in this pose from 30sec – 1minute. Shake your legs well (to give relaxation to knees, ankles, feet).
Avoid in case of knee injuries.
Legs Up The Wall Pose (Viparita Karani)
Benefits of Viparita Karani yoga for nausea
- Lowers inflammation in the abdominal area.
- Enhances blood circulation.
- Reduces anxiety and mild depression.
- Beneficial for back aches.
- Opens the chest making breathing easy.
- Cures urinary disorders.
- You can make use of bolsters for this pose.
- Lay on the ground.
- Now walk your buttocks against the wall. The legs should extend straight up the wall.
- Stretch your arms sideways. Keep your palms in the upward direction.
- Then close your eyes and take deep breaths.
- Hold this pose for 1-15 minutes.
- Not to perform during menstruating.
- Avoid in case of optic issues like glaucoma.
- Persons with knee injuries must completely avoid this pose.