Is your busy schedule making you stressed? Check out this 12 Minute Yoga Workout, that can ease you from stress and anxiety.
For most of them relaxation means sitting in front of the TV at the end of a tough day. But this will not help you much in combating the problem. To effectively fight this stress one needs to activate the body’s natural relaxation response. Yoga is one of the best method which boosts your mood by reducing everyday stress. Though we cannot avoid all stress completely. We can try to counteract it by learning the simple yoga poses.
Try these simple 12 minute yoga workout to relieve stress and anxiety
Pilates Saw – 12 Minute Yoga Workout
- Boosts the length of the hamstrings.
- Strengthens the back extensors.
- Improves your ability in spinal rotation.
- Sit straight keeping your legs straight in front of you. Raise out your arms to either side with palms forward, keeping shoulders relaxed down.
- Now inhale as you rotate your body to the right side keeping the arms raised.
- Then exhale and bring the left arm down to touch your right foot.
- On reaching the right arm pull your abs in.
- Inhale to straighten back up through sitting up tall as much as you can.
- In this step, exhale as you undo the twist and return back to the center position.
- Repeat the same steps on the other side.
Deep glue stretch – 12 Minute Yoga Workout
- Improves flexibility.
- Relieve hip, knee and back pain.
- Prevent injuries.
- Initially, lie flat on your back with both the knees bend.
- Then cross one leg over the other and bring your both knees towards the chest region.
- Next, slowly pull the uncrossed leg towards you (here you should feel a stretch in your buttock). Hold this position for 30 secs.
- Repeat the above steps for 3-4 times.
Cobra pose – 12 Minute Yoga Workout
- Strengthens your shoulders and arms.
- Lowers stiffness of the lower back.
- Enhances mental disturbances.
- Stretches our shoulder, chest and abdominal muscles.
- Elevates our mood.
- Lie on the mat, then place your hands palms down on the mat beneath the shoulders.
- In the second step, lift your chest up by straightening the arms.
- In the last step, gaze upwards and keep your abdominals engaged.
Pigeon pose – 12 Minute Yoga Workout
- Gives peace to the mind.
- Balances your core and opens the hip.
- Lengthens the thighs.
- Began from all four sides. Now bring your right knee forward and place it behind your right hand.
- Keep your ankle in front of your left hip. Glide the left leg back and straighten the knee.
- Bring your legs in towards each other. Slowly lower yourself down and use a support under your right buttock.
- On an inhalation lift your upper body. Come on your fingertips keeping the hands shoulder width apart.
- On an exhalation walk your hands on your fingertips. Lower your upper body to the floor. Rest with your forehead on the floor.
- Maintain this pose for a couple of breaths.